Jaguar Mk V Saloon (1950)
After SS Cars had safely established itself by using proprietary components in a bespoke body and chassis, the next obvious step was to make a move from being dependent on other makers. In 1935 the company took on Walter Haynes as chief designer and commissioned Harry Weslake to design a new pushrod overhead valve cylinder head for the sturdy Standard engines which it had been using. Three engines resulted, a four-cylinder unit of 1,775cc and two sixes, and they became the heart of a new range of cars known as SS Jaguars.
|Registration no:||FBO 184|