Britax Cucciolo (1954)
Designed for bicycle attachment, the Cucciolo 'little pup' was the Bologna-based Ducati factory's first product and was sold widely outside Italy including the UK, where it was imported by Britax, which later offered complete machines using Royal Enfield cycle parts. The Cucciolo power unit had been designed in wartime by Aldo Farinelli, enabling Ducati to commence production almost as soon as hostilities ceased. Unusual in being a four-stroke at a time when most such utility units were two-strokes, the overhead-valve Cucciolo was of unitary construction incorporating a two-speed transmission, and was described by Motor Cycling magazine as 'beautifully engineered'. Owned by the current vendor and restored that same year, this Britax Cucciolo is described as in generally good condition, though we are advised that the lights may need attention.
|Engine:||48cc 2 stroke|